Saturday, June 04, 2005

The wanderer returns... after taking the scenic route and getting lost on the way to pick up a pint of milk...

Well now... it's been a while, hasn't it? I'm sure all my regular readers (both of you) have been getting worried about my extended leave of absence. Well, perhaps 'worried' isn't the most accurate term to use.. but maybe you'd like to know why I seemingly abandoned the place.

For a kick off, I've been so busy the past few weeks it's untrue. I don't think I've ever been this busy in my life. Birthdays, barbecues, family gatherings, nights out on the town, Episode III... for a while there, I believe I may actually have had a social life :)

You know the old movie cliche, when someone's sitting, staring blankly at a piece of paper? They know what they want to say, but don't know how to say it? That's what I've been having. Every time I start something, I only manage to get so far before the whole thing becomes an intangible mess of thoughts and ideas, and it's usually not long before I decide to come back to it later.
I've got a couple of half-finished posts sitting waiting to be be published, but every time I go back to round them off I either realise I have no idea what I was trying to say before, or find that what I was talking about is now old news, and no longer has any real relevance (and it doesn't help when I try to update right when the blogger systems are down for maintenence either).

I have a few other 'projects' on the go as well, stories and characters etched out in my head, with what I think is enough of a framework to start writing something. And then, as soon as I start setting it out in something slightly more tangible and rather less eratic than my own mind, new ideas spring forth and force me to rethink. It's driving me nutty.

There are a couple of other contributing factors, but I won't go into them here, lest I start to sound like a whingy git. And nobody wants that now, do they?. I'm gonna try and get back into the habit and actually update this thing. Maybe do more 'random thoughts' bits. Til next time...

No comments: